Cleanser & Polish
Bar Keepers Friend® Cleanser & Polish is famous for removing rust, metal tarnish, mineral deposits, and stains from most hard surfaces.
BKF does not contain bleach, making it ideal for cleaning stainless steel.
Being a powder, you can make either a thick paste or a watery slurry to match different surfaces and stains. A paste will be more acidic than the slurry. You’ll need more acidity when dealing with mineral deposits, or rust stains. A watery slurry is ideal for removing tarnish from a stainless steel pan, or sink.
We invite you to perform a Google™ search on “Bar Keepers Friend” to read what others say about us.
BKF Cleanser & Polish Surface Guide
Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser & Polish can be used to remove tarnish, deposits, residues, and stains from most non-porous, hard surfaces, including:
- Stainless Steel
- Copper Alloys including Brass and Bronze
Common areas in the Home
BKF in the Kitchen:
- Stove cooktops and exteriors
- Countertops (non-stone)
- Porcelain or ceramic dishes
- Drained floors
BKF in the Bathroom:
- Tile & Grout
- Erases rust stains from concrete, masonry, and grout
- Removes plant stains and pollution grime from hard surfaces
- Removes brake dust from wheels (test surface first)
- Cleans siding, boats, vehicles, grills, tools and sports equipment.
Where NOT to use BKF
- Gold or Silver (sterling silver is ok)
- Polished stone, such a marble or granite
- Lacquered, painted, or mirrored surfaces.
How to use BKF Cleanser & Polish
- Sprinkle BKF onto a wet surface.
- Add more or less to adjust strength.
- Rub gently with a wet cloth or sponge.
- Rinse thoroughly within a minute of application.
- Wipe surface dry.
A Word of Caution about BKF
Because our Cleanser & Polish is acidic and contains polishing compounds, BKF may etch or dull delicate surfaces. Before applying to fiberglass, plastics, anodized aluminum or brushed metal surfaces, such as appliance exteriors, test in a small, hidden area first.
BKF Cleanser & Polish Ingredients
The Bar Keepers Friend Cleanser & Polish are: mineral abrasive, oxalic acid, surfactant, and a water softening agent.
DO NOT INGEST, INHALE, OR GET IN EYES. KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN. HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED.
If accidentally ingested, drink milk (or water) and call a doctor. If in eyes, flush eyes with water for 15 minutes. Do not mix with other chemicals, such as bleach, or ammonia. For prolonged use (or sensitive skin) use gloves. Do not inhale BKF dust. Wet BKF powder immediately after dispensing. BKF is safe for septic systems.
Other Bar Keepers Friend Products