The Ball Mill Production Supervisor organizes and oversees the milling process of the ball mill. He/She is ultimately responsible for the smooth running of the ball mill and the quality of output. The ideal candidate should have deep know-how in ball mill production and ability to direct personnel towards maximum performance. Decision-making and problem-solving are important. The goal is to ensure an efficient and productive manufacturing process that meets customer requirements.
The Ball Mill Production Supervisor responsibilities:
- Provides hands-on mill supervision and coordination with mill maintenance and the mill technical group to maximize optimum process performance
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work appraising performance; disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Organizes workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Monitors production to resolve issues
- Approves maintenance work, purchasing of equipment, etc.
- Ensures output meets quality standards
- Enforces health and safety precautions
- Reports to upper management
- Responsible for productivity, quality, efficiency, cost control, compliance, and housekeeping
- Maintains an inventory of parts and materials
- Operates equipment
The Ball Mill Production Supervisor skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of ball mill operation is a must
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills, knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques
- Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach
- Detail oriented, analytical, ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Five (5) years of related operational experience, including supervisory or lead experience
This is a hands-on job in a manufacturing setting, which may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, or airborne particles. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, work on elevated platforms, talk, hear and see.